eighteen inches

as i lay under the stars
the wind blows soft upon my face
my mind
floats leisurely among the stars
my heart
drifts serenely with the waves.

the moon watches
solemnly
as a ghost wanders beside me.

my heart
senses the familiarity
my mind
denies its presence

everything about it
screams reality

the warmth,
the smell,
the feel of it

entices me

everything around it
denies its existence

nothing to see,
nothing to hear,
nothing to touch,

i draw away.

a cloud
crosses the sky
hiding the stars

my heart
gallops.

the waves
crash violently
devouring the shore

my mind
steals away.

the wind
caresses

my body

smothering
the flames of desire.

the seawater
cleanses

my soul

refreshing
the liveliness of spirit.

as i lay under the stars
the wind blowing
the water spraying

i drift between

sea
and
sky.

heart
and
head.

the moon watches
silently,

waiting
for a victor.

No comments: