gliding

gliding across the water. phantom
of my being, want of well-being, mind
endlessly running in specter circles.
close my eyes, i can smell you, taste,
feel you. go away. i want no longer
for you to haunt me, gliding
effortlessly into my thoughts. crashing
like a derailed train. leave. on
a boat, on a plane, car, whirl through
the world at the edge of my periphery.
don’t leave. i can’t breathe, live,
love without you. no one to dance
with under a chapel of holy hosts.
Moonlight pouring over you, onto
me; distant sound of the tide.
warm breath, hand on my waist,
the other…my hand in your hair,
lips locked with yours, tongue not
my own anymore. stop doing this
to me, you drive me absolutely
insane, blood on fire, wanting every
last inch of you. don’t i have
to leave, if you won’t, i will, on
a boat. gliding across the water
effortlessly.

away from you.

No comments: